Within the Waters- Porcelain 12" x 12" Mosaic Tile
Regular price $200.00
Unit price per
Abundant in freshwater lakes, perch fish are traditionally shoaling fish, finding comfort traveling as a school together for social and survival reasons. You will notice on all our tiles these fish swim left to right, that is because in Ramara, Ontario, all water flows north.
This is a hand-pressed tile, made from a mold, mounted on mesh (ungrouted) for easy installation. To show the finished look, the pictures in this listing show the tile grouted in medium grey grout.
- This listing is just for the primary perch tile, to purchase minnow tiles click here.
- Each tile is made by hand in Ramara, Ontario by tilemaker, Meg Leslie
- These tiles are designed for wall use and have a variety of applications, such as: a bathroom niche, focal walls, and kitchen and bathroom backsplashes and they are ideal for creating one of a kind fireplaces.
Size (primary tile with frame tiles): 12" by 12" (equivalent to 1 sq. ft)
Weight: 6 lbs
Glaze colours: The primary tile in this picture is painted in the grey blue glaze (with a grey blue frame tile) but this tile is also available in 19 other unique colour options.
Custom Colour Frame tile: Frame tile will be in the same glaze colour option as the primary tile unless otherwise stated. If you would like a different colour for your frame tile please add a note in the "Additional Comments to Seller" section when you are checking out.
- Custom Requests: Custom requests inspired by this design are welcome, please fill out the custom requests form below (in the 'customize this product' tab) to work with me on your design.
"The 'Of The Lake' series is inspired by the twin lakes of my hometown. I once took a poetry workshop and the instructor asked me to start a poem with this: I was born of the ...., and ’Lake’ was my answer. Growing up by the lake, I learned to swim and fish and paddle. My experience informs the tiles in this collection."
Customize This Product
I love having the chance to work with people with their custom orders. If you are inspired by my products and want to work with me to design something that perfectly fits your needs, please use this form to get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this tile made?
- All of my tiles are handmade and hand-pressed. This means that each tile is unique and may differ slightly from others. However, I take time and consideration to ensure your tiles meet the highest standards for quality and consistency. Depending on the type of tile you purchase the process is unique. Visit my about page to learn more about how my tiles are made.
What material do you use?
- My tiles are all made from porcelain and mounted on mesh. Porcelain is a ceramic material made by heating clay-type materials to high temperatures. Porcelain is considered sustainable as it's the strongest of all the different types of clays. It is made to last, being both soft and delicate to create intricate designs and yet strong and long-lasting.
What is the lead time on my order?
- My products are handmade to order, lead time will vary based on the type of tile you are ordering as well as quantity. For moderate orders you can expect a minimum of 4-6 weeks from order to shipping, whereas custom tiles may take longer based on the consultation process. However, I encourage you to contact me to talk further about the lead time on your order.
What shipping options exist and where do you ship to?
- My products are available for local pick up, in Ramara Ontario, and ship anywhere in Canada or the USA. Please note that orders outside of Canada can take longer for delivery and may be subject to import/value-added taxes that are beyond our control. If you are outside of Canada/USA please contact us to inquire about shipping opportunities and costs.
What is the refund/exchange policy?
- Due to the custom nature of creating these pieces all sales are final. I stand behind my products and take the utmost care for each order. Your satisfaction with your purchase is very important to me, if you have any concerns with your purchase please contact me.
How do you install this product?
- With installation, we recommend these tiles be installed by experienced professionals. Grout needed for installation is not included in the product listing for my tiles. Applicable grouts in a variety of colours are available at most hardware/home improvement stores. If you have questions regarding installation or need recommendations for potential installers please feel free to get in touch.
How do I contact Atherley Arts?
- I would love to hear form you. I can be reached by phone at 519-501-0680 or by email.
Working on a residential or commercial project? I offer commercial pricing for larger-scale installations and for designers. Contact Me